Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We May Be Crazy

By now, most of you know the story of Jon and me and what the next year will have in store for us.  But for those of you who don't, here is the scoop.  Last Friday I left Fargo, ND to move to Augusta, GA.  I was accepted into an accelerated Masters of Nursing program at Georgia Health Sciences University and will begin classes in mid August.  I will be back at school full-time for the next 16 months to complete my MSN with a focus in Clinical Nurse Leadership. 
 
 
While I am busy hitting the books, Jon will leave for training to become an officer in the active duty Army.  He will go through basic training, officer training and then job-specialty training.  We are hoping that he will finish up his training around the same time I finish my schooling - we know the military can be unpredictable so we aren't getting our hopes up too much yet.  After he has completed his training he will get a duty assignment/location and as soon as I am done with school I will join him and find a job.
 
 
We both understand that for approximately the next year and a half we will, once again, have a long-distance relationship.  We aren't very excited about this, but we are relatively familiar with the concept.  A few months after we first started dating Jon deployed to Iraq for 6 months and we survived it.  For the past couple years we have had a short-distance relationship, living 4.5 hours apart due to our careers taking us to different locations.

Do we know that the upcoming months will be tough on both of us?  Yup.
Will my heart hurt when we have to say goodbye? Yup cuz half will go with him.
Will I cry because I miss him?  Probably. Definitely.
Will he cry because he misses me?  Probably not - he controls his emotions better than I do.
Would I trade our situation for a different one?  Nope.

We know the next sixteen months will be hard but we know that loving someone means that their dreams become your dreams.  Jon's dream is returning to the military and mine is going back to school and we will continue to encourage each other no matter the distance.  We do eventually want to be done with the long distance relationship thing, get married and have babies.  But for now it seems that this is our path and we are both incredibly excited!  We may be crazy but sometimes love does that to you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment