Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Beautiful Sunday

I went to a small baptist church on Sunday morning with one of the girls from the nursing program and her mom.  The church is called The Hill Baptist Church and is approximately a mile from where I live.  It is a beautiful little church and the congregation was incredibly friendly and welcoming.  The sermon was on the story of Cain and Able and how no matter what you do as a Christian, it is important to have faith and to do things with a faith-centered heart. 
The sermon made me think about where I am at.  I sometimes wonder why I feel the need to go to so many different places when I have such an incredible support system at home.  Why can't I be content remaining close to family and friends? 
I think a lot of it has to do with faith.  I love my family dearly and their unconditional love and support helps give me the courage to continue to move and grow and change.  But my faith definitely pushes me to new people, new places and new experiences.  I know I came to Augusta to go to school, but I can't help but think that there are other reasons why I was pulled to this location.  I am excited to see how life plays out here. 
It isn't always easy though.  There have been many times lately when I call or Skype my family and friends, hear what they are doing and yearn to be home enjoying life with the people I love.  Sometimes I think I am crazy for leaving a perfectly enjoyable job and comfortable surroundings for a hot, bug-filled apartment, student loans, and no job (hopefully this is only temporary).  I guess you could say that I am still adjusting.  I know that God gives me what I can handle and only He knows what is in store for me.  During the moments when I wish I was home, I remember this and it tends to turn my perspective around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment