Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Jon's visit - #2

I know I haven't posted in almost two weeks and I don't really have a good excuse - but here is a update.  Jon came to visit the first week in October and we had a fabulous time!  We tried to fill our time with as many little adventures as we could and I loved introducing him to some of the people in my class.  Before he arrived I did some research on the best BBQ restaurants in the area and it was unanimous - everyone insisted we go to Sconyer's.  Sconyer's is a restaurant authentic to Augusta and is known for their award-winning BBQ (they have even catered BBQ to the white house).  Jon and I went there on Thursday night and it was delicious - I am already planning to take my family there when they come to visit me for graduation next December!  After Sconyer's we met up with some people from class and spent time just hanging out. 

 (This was the only picture we took together the entire time he was here.)
  
On Friday morning we went to Brick Pond.  There is a park in North Augusta that has beautiful walking and biking trails and a pond where 'gators' hang out.  I heard about this place a couple weeks after I moved here and have been dying to go and thought Jon would enjoy it too.  The best part about Brick Pond were the signs.  Before you enter the area they have these signs warning you not to feed the gators and that if you do they will lose their fear of people and be more likely to attack.  I would be lying if I told you that the signs didn't make me a little nervous, but we entered the area anyway.  We didn't see any gators, but we had fun being outside and exploring such a beautiful part of Augusta!  
After Brick Pond we grabbed some lunch and made our evening plans.  Since Jon arrived in Augusta he had been wanting to go to a high school football game.  Everyone knows that football is big in the south, even at the high school level, so this seemed like a perfect way to spend a Friday evening.  Plus, for those of you who don't know, Jon LOVES watching high school football - he is always going to games in his spare time back home.  After the football game we rented a couple movies and picked up some caffeine.  Jon had to be at the airport early Saturday morning and we knew our time together was running out so we made every effort to stay up as late as we could.  I didn't make it as long as I would have liked, but we able to take advantage of a little more quality time before he left.  It was sad taking him back to the airport knowing that we won't see each other until mid December, but it was so great to get a little extra time with him.  I thoroughly enjoy his company and I can't wait until we get to be together for longer durations!

No comments:

Post a Comment