Monday, February 4, 2013

A little late, but never gone

It has been 2 months since my last blog post... time has ran faster than I can keep up.  Here is a rundown of my 2 month sprint:
  • Fall semester finals completed!  Only three more semesters to go!  I have 10 months and 11 days until graduation - not that anyone is counting. ;-)  This last semester was definitely a transition back to school but I am proud to say I have finally adjusted and found a rhythm. 
  • Jonathan graduated from basic training. Going to his graduation was my first exposure to military ceremonies and it was a great experience.  There were reenactments and smoke and imitation gun fire -  I can see why there is a sense of pride for our country and our soldiers that chose the military lifestyle. 
After graduation - isn't he hansome!
  •  Spent Christmas break with Jonathan (he had just over 2 weeks off!!).  Break was such a blessing! We got the opportunity to spend time with Jonathan's family, my family and even got some brief moments for the two of us.  The only hard thing about getting so much time with my man was having to say goodbye.  It was so easy to fall into a routine of getting to spend every waking moment with each other and taking the opportunities to love on each other and then you have to say goodbye and it is like having to part with a part of yourself.  Goodbye is what I classify as 'sad day'.
Phone photo - not the best quality but we are enjoying Christmas and New Years at the cabin with my family. :-)
We try to take a photo every New Years - I love the silly hats/headbands!
  • Jonathan returned to Fort Benning to start officer training.  He has been in training for 3 weeks now and it is safe to say he is thriving.  I am so proud of him and I am pretty sure he has more athleticism in his big toe than I have in my entire body.  True story.
  • I officially started my spring semester and am thriving as well.  We have clinicals 2 days a week, I love every minute and am learning a TON.  My clinicals are currently in mental health and telemetry (cardiac) and I am physically and mentally exhausted after every shift but it is soooo good.  This semester is definitely more time consuming than last semester but the learning curve is astounding!  I feel like I am actually starting to think like a nurse and am understanding why and how diseases happen in patients.  Plus, I have realized that I love learning about the heart!  This semester I feel like a sponge - through lecture and clinicals I am absorbing so much information - This is what makes me  love school! (I know, I am a complete NERD) 
  • MLK Day - Jonathan and I both got the day off so I drove down to Columbus, GA to go see my man.  We spent the day getting supplies he needed for his living quarters (doesn't sound like fun, but it was great to do it together) and we tried our hand at geocaching.  I equate geocaching to a 'big kid scavenger hunt'.  People hide 'caches' and you use the GPS coordinates to locate them.  Here are a few photos of our adventure - I am not the best self-portrait photographer with my cell phone... 
 
Our first find!

Enjoying our day at the park in the sunshine - what a great day!

There you have it - my last 2 months in a nutshell.  This semester is already incredibly busy but I want to try to blog more than I have been.  I am currently sitting in the library enjoying a cup of coffee and flipping between Matthew West and Nora Jones on my pandora stations.  I do not have clinicals or class on Friday - I use it as my day for studying and catching up.  I am making a promise to myself to take the first hour of my Friday as a mental health moment and an opportunity to catch up on my blogging - it is therapeutic.  So stay tuned for next Friday's entry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment